Saturday 11 April 2015

The Calderdale Hike - 38 miles ~6,000'

A beast of a route - I was expecting this to be more like the Haworth Hobble underfoot - it's amazing what a difference a few miles in another direction can mean for running conditions; there was a lot of open fell and rough ground to negotiate.

This was more akin to a mini-Fellsman - like a 2/3 version for climb and distance. It was good prep for the Fellsman but harder than I'd anticipated. Stefan got me round again in 8h05 - I was pretty ruined at the end but a 28th / 75 placed finish shows why.

We pushed it nearly all the way round - the climb out of Mytholmroyd got the better of me - so I was happy with my performance. A nice jacket potato with chilli and some Longley Farm yogurt at the end were great.

No comments:

Post a Comment